What Are Metal Roofing Systems?
If you have been considering getting a new roof and have been doing a bit of research, then the term “Metal roofing systems” may have appeared throughout your reading. It can sound a bit frightening and conjures up images of something extremely expensive and complicated. The simple truth is, there is really nothing frightening or scary about them. So what are they?
Metal Roofing Systems Defined
A roofing system is simply the type of roofing that you choose. In other words it can be interlocking shingles, metal sheet, standing seam roofing, metal tiles, or metal shake.
- Metal roofing systems have several distinct advantages over other types of roofing. Here are some of those advantages.
- Long lasting. In some cases, you will never need to have another roof put on your house for the rest of your life. A roof made from metal can last 50 years or longer and need little maintenance during their lifetime.
- Comes in a variety of styles and colors suitable for almost every type of home no matter where that home is located.
- More weather resistant than other types of roofs. Prevents ice dams, and are more resistant to wind and rain and extreme heat than other types of roofing materials.
- When properly installed, extremely energy efficient and some of these roofs even come with energy star ratings.
Are They Worth the Price?
People who are considering these types of systems often ask themselves whether they are worth the price. When you consider that metal roofing systems can not only pay for themselves over time in energy savings, but also with lesser maintenance requirements, it may well be worth your money, especially if you look long term.
Should Your Hire a Professional Roofer to Install Your New Roof?
While it is possible to install some roofing systems yourself, hiring a professional with experience to do the job may result in more savings and a longer lasting roof. These professionals have experience at installing these systems and therefore are less likely to make mistakes that will end up costing you both time and money.
No matter which system you choose, metal roofing can improve the looks and value of your home as well as result in energy savings and those roofing maintenance costs. Anyone who needs a new roof, should take a look at the different systems to see if they are right for their home and needs.