Metal Roofing Brisbane
If you are looking for the best roof restoration Brisbane can offer, you should really consider the option of getting a metal roof. The application of metal roofing in the commercial and housing industry is nothing new. However, it has come a long way since its inception. In the past, metal roofs were viewed as dull metallic coverings mostly found in commercial and industrial buildings. With time though, metal roofs have undergone major advancements that have seen them improve in both functionality and aesthetics. Today, these roofs are quite stylish and come in a variety of types. This is the reason why metal roofing is becoming increasingly popular with more and more people making the switch. Below are a few metal roofing facts.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
Many homeowners and business people that choose to hire metal roofing Brisbane installation companies often wonder whether they will see a return on this investment. The best way to clear that doubt is to look at the various benefits of metal roofing. Metal roofs are far superior to conventional roofing in a variety of ways. For starters, these types of roofs can be laid on top of an existing roof without the need of removing the old roof thereby significantly cutting down of labor costs. Below is a detailed look into the other benefits that come with metal roofs.,/
- Durability: Thousands of roofs are re-installed every year with asphalt shingles. Manufactures and roofing contractors of this industry love it when customers use shingles repeatedly as it provides them with job security. Shingles have been a roofing staple for years but they have the major disadvantage of not lasting for long. They tend to crack and lose their quality with time more so in areas with extreme heat, cold, or wind. This in turn ends up costing users a lot of money on repairs and maintenance. With metal roofs, you will encounter no such problems, as one of the most important advantages of these roofs is their durability. In fact, your new metal roof may just be the last solution you will make for your home’s roof. With a life expectancy of up to fifty years or more, you can install your new metal roof and just forget about ordinary short-lived roofs.
- Energy Saving: One of the main issues that plagued metal roofs in the past is that they used to absorb too much of the sun’s heat, thus causing interior to be too hot. This in turn would cause electricity bills to skyrocket as it took more energy to keep the home cool with ventilation systems. But, thanks to technological advancements, metal roofs today have undergone major transformation from being high-energy consumers into becoming energy saving elements. These roofs have a specialized coating that reflects the sun’s heat away thereby keeping the home cool. This advantage is especially beneficial during extremely hot summers as it helps to decrease air conditioning bills significantly.
- Added Roofing Aesthetics: Aside from being highly functional and durable, metal roofs greatly improve on the aesthetics of a building. These roofs come in several stylish types that can make the home attain a desirable and sophisticated look. The great variety ensures that every homeowner can find something he or she wants in residential/commercial metal roofing.
- Strength and functionality: The strength of metal roofs enables them to not only withstand normal weather conditions but also hold up against extreme conditions. These roofs can be reliable in extremes of fire, hail, and wind, provided the installation went on properly. What ’s more, metal roofs are highly functional especially in areas that are prone to heavy snowfall. This roofing system has the advantage of allowing the snow to quickly slide off the roof thus preventing load accumulation and messy water problems that could occur when the snow melts.
- Structural protection: An unexpected advantage of metal roofs lies in how much they weigh. Conventional roofing material can weigh around 750 pounds per square foot while metal roofs range between 50-150 pounds per 100sq feet. This extremely lightweight helps contribute to the structural soundness of a building.
Types of Metal Roof Materials
The various materials used in metal roofing include:
- Aluminium: Is corrosion resistant and capable of lasting for more than 50 years. It is more expensive than steel but is very light and as such a favorite among homeowners. Aluminium metal roofs also have high natural reflectivity thereby increasing a building’s energy efficiency.
- Copper: Is the oldest metal roofing material and has a reputation of lasting for over 70 years. The long use of copper as a metal roofing material is because it offers low maintenance, durability, lightning protection, and sustainability benefits. Unlike other metal roofing materials, copper requires no additional finish or maintenance yet it stills protects the roof against corrosion.
- Steel: This alloy offers a great degree of durability and is a commonly used metal roofing material today. This material comes in a variety of types including galvanized, Galvalume®, and stainless steel. Stainless steel metal roofs are available for harsh conditions and/or as a distinctive design element. They are usually roll-formed into standing seam profiles, although shingles are also available. The galvanized steel type is highly durable and offers a great deal of protection against corrosion. It consists of steel, which is coated with zinc and rolled into corrugated sheets. The Galvalume® type consists of a blend of zinc, Aluminium, and silicon-coated steel. It is commonly used in standing seam metal roofing panels. Galvalume® metal roofs are durable and ideal for both commercial and residential buildings.
- Tin: Tin roofing material consists of steel coated with tin. Tin is naturally corrosion-resistant and has the advantage of easily bonding with steel thereby resulting in a strong and durable coating. Tin metal roofs are the cheapest and are as effective as the other roofing materials. They are capable of standing up to storms and other harsh elements.
Cost of Metal Roofing
The cost of metal roofing depends on a variety of things including the material type and quality. Like most products, the better the quality of the roofing material, the more expensive it will be. Prices for these roofs are also based on the current value of metals, which keeps fluctuating. Therefore, the cost of installing a metal roof today will probably be different one year or two from now.
Is having a metal roof installed more expensive than a regular one? This is by far the most commonly asked question concerning metal roofing and probably the reason why most metal roofing skeptics shy away from this type of roofing system. The best answer to this question is yes and no. At the point of installation, you will have to pay more money for a metal roof than you would a regular one. However, this investment will pay for itself with time, hence making it the ideal choice for someone looking for a no nonsense roofing solution that lasts. The roof remains intact for 50 years without requiring too much maintenance and it will therefore save you from spending money on repairs. Metal roofs also prevent the need of having your roof replaced for several times during the life expectancy of you property. The given lifespan is half a century but with proper maintenance, metal roofs can go for longer than that without requiring replacement. This however is not the case with asphalt shingles as they only last for 17 years on average after which they will need replacement. The installation cost also proves to be a good return on investment as it helps you to save on utility bills.
Why Choose Jones Roofing
Jones roofing offers a variety of roofing-related services and is one of the leading Brisbane roofing companies. This company has over 17 years experience in all matters metal roofs including construction, installation, and repair. It also deals with asbestos roof removal.
One of the main reasons why you should choose Jones Roofing for the installation of your metal roofs is because qualified tradesmen do all the work. Misinformation about metal roofs can easily clout your judgment and cause you to make the wrong decision. An example of such information is that if you know how to hammer a nail, you can do the installation of your new metal roof and save on thousands of dollars in labor costs. Although you can learn how to install a metal roof just like you can learn any other skill, you should keep in mind that proper installation requires skill and expertise. Therefore, it is better to leave the installation work to the experts. At Jones Roofing, you get qualified, experienced and the best roofing contractors Brisbane has to offer. These experts will do the installation of the roof in the right way without causing any damage. In addition, Jones Roofing is an insured company that offers a 5-year workmanship warranty.
Unlike other roofing companies, Jones Roofing offers you highly personalized services. You will be kept up to date with every single detail regarding the progress of your metal roof installation or repair until the work is completed.
At Jones Roofing, you can be sure that your new roof will have a long-life because we only use the best quality metal roofing materials manufactured under stringent quality control standards. Therefore, after the installation of your new roof, you can relax in the comfort of knowing that your home is well protected. The high quality materials used at Jones Roofing ensure that you will not face roof breakage, damage, or leaks for years to come. Our roofs also come in a variety of colors as well as gutter profiles, thereby ensuring that all possible customers can find a roofing system that complements their building.
Roofing Services Offered at Jones Roofing
Our roofing contractors Brisbane team offers a variety of services including:
- Metal roof installations and repairs: Aside from helping in the installation of new good-quality metal roofing systems that do not burn, peel, flake, fade, wrap, curl, rot, or crack easily, Jones Roofing also offers metal roof repairs. The repair services involve everything from locating and sealing leaks to sealing box gutters and replacing storm damaged metal sheets.
- Re-roofing: This is the only solution for instances where you have been patching your roof or replacing a few shingles every so often for many years yet the roof continues to leak. If you are in such a situation, Jones Roofing offers you the best roof replacement Brisbane experts who will have your old roof taken down and a new one installed in no time. Re-roofing is also ideal when you want to improve the appearance of your home.
- Asbestos removal: Whether you need to replace your worn-out asbestos roof or are simply looking to improve the appearance of your home, Jones Roofing has plenty of experience in removing asbestos roofs in an efficient and safe manner.
- Roof/ceiling insulation: We go a step further and install roofing insulation while constructing your new roof. The insulation combines with the roof’s ability to reflect light and significantly cut down on heating and cooling bills to the tune of $200 a year.
- Repair/replacement of gutters, fascias, and downpipes: Replacement and repair of downpipes, gutters, and fascias covers new and old homes/commercial buildings as well as home extension projects. At Jones Roofing, we use high quality materials to ensure durability.
In conclusion, Jones Roofing should be your roof restoration Brisbane Company of choice, since we offer great metal roofing solutions. Our company offers you different colors and roofs of Colorbond and ZincAlume® steel. Colorbond is an iconic brand name that comes with a variety of durable, baked-on color finishes that allow home and commercial property owners to choose a metal roofing system that matches the color of their building. This particular type of steel resists chipping, cracking, and peeling to deliver long-life performance with low maintenance. ZincAlume® steel consists of steel coated with a zinc/aluminium alloy. This metal roofing material is corrosion resistant and has a lifespan of up to 4 times longer than galvanized steel.